Documentum Rights Management
Whether you are using Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes email or PDFs, EMC Documentum Information Rights Management (IRM) provides the access to control, secure, and track sensitive information wherever it resides—inside or outside the firewall.
IRM enhances document security by applying rights for who can view, edit, print, or forward information, ensuring that sensitive information remains secure as it is shared both internally and externally. Leveraging existing investments in e-mail gateways and portal technology, IRM can dynamically change access policies to confirm compliance with corporate policies. Some of the key benefits include:
- Persistent protection - Provide security for documents, messages, and attachments while in transit, at rest, and after delivery.
- Dynamic policy control - Allow content owners to define or change information rights and recall or expire content after distribution.
- Automatic expiration - Use IRM services to automatically revoke access to or expire content, wherever it is located.
- Native application integration - Automatically secure documents, emails, and attachments in a variety of common application file formats.
- Continuous audit trail - Track all activity associated with secured content to demonstrate proof of compliance with security policies.
- Mobile user support - Allow authorized mobile users to access secured content both online and offline according to corporate policy.